TADPSID LICENSE v4.0
Copyright (c) 2015 Simone Gremmo
Partially based on the Apache License v2.0 and the MAME License
"License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction and distribution as defined by this document.
"Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications, including but not limited to software source code, documentation source, and configuration files.
"Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical transformation or translation of a Source form, including but not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation, and conversions to other media types.
"Original Author" shall mean Simone Gremmo, who wrote the License and the Source code for TADPSID.
"Work" shall mean the result of authorship, whether in Source or Object form, made available by the Original Author under the License.
"Derivative Work" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work.
"Novagen" shall mean Novagen Software Ltd, the defunct British software house set up by Paul Woakes and Bruce Jordan, which used to be located at 142 Alcester Road in Birmingham, UK.
"Sony" shall mean Sony Corporation, the Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan which is identified by the New York Stock Exchange as SNE.
"Psygnosis" shall mean the defunct subsidiary of Sony known until 2012 as SCE Studio Liverpool, headquartered in Liverpool, England, UK.
"Mercenary Series" shall mean the series of games created by Novagen, which includes the following titles:
* Mercenary: Escape from Targ
* Mercenary: The Second City
* Damocles: Mission Disk 1
* Damocles: Mission Disk 2
* Mercenary III: The Dion Crisis
"Mercenary Derivative" shall mean any Derivative Work that either:
* reproduces the mechanics, setting and story of one of the titles in the Mercenary Series
* extends the story after "Mercenary III: The Dion Crisis" or before "Mercenary: Escape from Targ".
"Mercenary BBS" shall mean the Internet forum that can be reached at the URL http://disc.yourwebapps.com/Indices/125897.html .
"MDDClone" shall mean the recreation of the Mercenary Series which can be downloaded from http://mercenarysite.free.fr/mddclone.htm .
"MDDClone-SDL" shall mean the recreation of the Mercenary Series which can be downloaded from http://www.elwico.pl/~ender-sz/mercenary/mddclone-sdl/ .
Redistribution and use of the TADPSID code or any Derivative Works, in Source form or Object form, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* Redistributions and Derivative Works may not be sold, nor may they be used in a commercial product or activity. However, as a special exception, the Original Author may sell Derivative Works that do not infringe trademarks registered by other parties, and he may use them in commercial products or activities.
* The creation of Mercenary Derivatives is encouraged.
* Redistributions and Derivative Works that include any part of the original Source must include the complete Source code, including the Source code for all components used by a binary built from the modified sources. However, as a special exception, the Source code distributed need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the executable.
* Before a redistribution or a Derivative Work is allowed to take place, the Original Author must be asked permission on the Mercenary BBS. A redistribution or a Derivative Work is only allowed with the explicit permission from the Original Author. As special exceptions, the authors of MDDClone and MDDClone-SDL are allowed to make redistributions or Derivative Works without asking for the explicit permission from the Original Author. They are, however, asked to announce on the Mercenary BBS the URL from which to download their redistributions.
* Redistributions and Derivative Works must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR AND THE CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OR THE CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR IS NOT AFFILIATED OR ASSOCIATED WITH NOVAGEN, PSYGNOSIS OR SONY.
5. License for the License
The Original Author is allowed to update the License any time, in any way he sees fit. Everybody else is forbidden from changing the License in any way. Changes to the License are retroactive and affect every Work and Derivative Work released under the License.